National Competitive Examination (NCE)
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
A grade 6 elementary pupil from a duly recognized school by the Department of Education who meets the following criteria is eligible to apply for the PSHS National Competitive Examination (NCE).
He / She must:
- have a final grade of 85% or better in Science and Mathematics, evidenced by the student's report card. If the student's grades in Science or Math are below 85%, then, he/she must provide evidence that he/she belongs to the upper 10% of the batch;
- be a Filipino citizen with no pending or approved application as immigrant to any foreign country;
- not be more than 15 years old by June 30, 2020;
- have at least a satisfactory rating (or its equivalent) in his/her Character Rating in his/her report card (SY 2019 - 2020);
- not have taken the PSHS NCE previously; and
- preferably, be in good health and fit to undergo a rigorous academic program.
- Fully accomplished Application Form in two (2) copies
- Two (2) identical recent 1x1 ID pictures
- Non-refundable test fee (for private school students — Php 300, for public school students and indigent students from private schools — Free)
- Certified true copy of report card (SY 2019 - 2020) by the class adviser / principal
- If the final grades in Science or Math are below 85%, certification or proof that the child belongs to the upper 10% of the batch
- Please submit a certification from the private school, if the pupil-applicant is on full scholarship
Only one test will be administered, a scholastic aptitude test (known as National Competitive Examination) which is designed to measure Scientific Ability, Quantitative Ability, Abstract Reasoning, and Verbal Aptitude. The NCE will be administered on February 6, 2021.
The PSHS NCE Application Form and the accompanying material are not for sale, may be photocopied, and may be downloaded through this link. No reservation fee is required.
Application forms are also available and may be filed at any of the following: PSHS campuses, DOST Regional offices, or Provincial Science and Technology Offices. Application forms with incomplete information will not be processed. Erasures, alterations and insertions must be initialed by the applicant.
The Examination Permit/s will be issued to the applicants upon completion of all documents by the campus where the application was processed. For applications filed with DOST agencies, the exam permits will be mailed to the applicant, or to the School Principal for distribution to its applicant/s.
In case the exam permits are not received two (2) weeks before the examination day, the applicants should check with the nearest PSHS campus, DOST Regional Office, DOST Provincial Science and Technology Office, or the PSHS System Admissions Office.
- Free tuition fee
- Free loan of textbooks
- Monthly stipend
- Uniform, transportation and living allowances for low income groups
- Dormitory accommodation (if applicable)
** The deadline for filing of application for applicants from Private School is on December 11, 2020.
** The deadline for filing of application for applicants from Public School is on December 18, 2020.
** The date of the examination is on February 6, 2021.
- Hits: 9192
EINSTEIN Club adjudged as country’s best for two consecutive years
By Deni Margarette Dalman
The Enthusiastic Inventors and Sci-Tech Innovators (EINSTEIN) Club of PSHS – Central Visayas Campus won the prestigious “Most Outstanding Science Club” by the Philippine Society of Youth Science Clubs (PSYSC), Inc. for the second time in a row, and garnered three minor awards namely, the “Most Innovative Project Award”, “Most Active Science Club Award”, and "Best Musical Score" last February 24 – 25, 2017 during the SEARCH Convention at GT Toyota Asian Center Auditorium and NISMED Auditorium, University of the Philippines - Diliman.
- Hits: 5294